THE SUAN PAKKAD PALACE MUSEUM
Suan Pakkad Palace is the first museum in Thailand where the owner,
their Royal Highnesses Prince and Princess Chumbhot of Nagara Svarga,
decided to convert their private residence, built in the traditional
Thai style opened in 1952 , is located on 6 Rai on Sri Ayudhya Road,
Bangkok, containing their Royal Highnesses Prince and Princess Chumbhot
of Nagara Svarga's collection of antiquities, which has been passed
down through successive generations. The Suan Pakkad Palace is a combination
of fine arts and ancient artifacts from the era of H.R.H. Prince Paribatra
Sukhumbandhu, son of His Majesty King Chulalongkorn, Rama V and Her
Majesty Queen Sukhumala Marasri.
are groups of 4 traditional Thai houses with the covered hallway between
them. Houses 5 to 8 are located along the west side of the property.
The Lacquer Pavilion stands in the main garden to the south of the compound.
The Ban-Chiang Museum [Thai Heritage] and Marsi Gallery are in the Chumbhot-Pantip
Centre of Arts.